While Libsyn is a media host, Libsyn is also a syndication service. If you are using our OnPublish tools and/or using our Libsyn Podcast Website, you may be interested in generating a "text post," a blog post for your blogging and microblogging channels.
Creating a text post is very similar to creating a podcast episode.
- Sign in to Libsyn and select the show for which you want to create a text post.
- Click New in the upper-right corner.
- Click Episode. The Add Episode form displays.
- Complete the Episode Details:
Episode Title The episode title will display as the blog post title for your Libsyn Podcast Website, as well as for WordPress, Blogger, or any other blogging platform you release to via Libsyn. Description
Your description can include URLs, images, and other details.
- The Optional Details will not be included in a blog, so you can leave them set to the default. However, you may wish to complete the following Optional Details that will display only on the Episode Details page within Libsyn (especially if you intend to add media in the future to convert this text post to an audio episode).
Select Full, Trailer, or Bonus.
You can enter a season number or leave this blank for N/A.
You can enter an episode number or leave this blank for N/A.
Select Clean or Explicit to indicate a rating.
You can enter an author name for your blog post.
- Upload any artwork you want to use for your blog post:
Add Episode Artwork The episode artwork primarily affects the RSS feed. While text posts aren't pulled by Apple Podcasts or podcatchers, for anyone who pulls your feed using something like Feedly, having the image can be helpful. We do still recommend following the standard artwork requirements for consistency and the broadest compatibility. Add Widescreen Episode Artwork Has no effect on a blog post; only used in videos you create for places like YouTube and Facebook.
- Select an option in the Availability field in the Publish Episode section:
Immediately on Publish
Publish your post immediately.
Schedule a time to publish later, with one date for all publication destinations. See Schedule a Date to Publish Your Episode.
- Start - Select a date and time.
- Click Publish. (You can also click Save as Draft if you want to save your progress and return to it later. See Save Your Episode as a Draft to Publish it Later.)
The Episode Details page displays for your blog post within Libsyn. See View or Edit a Blog Post.
After your episode is published, it appears on your Libsyn blog page as well as in any destinations you have added that accept text-only posts.