When you’ve recorded an episode of your show and you’re ready to share it, sign in to Libsyn to upload and distribute it.
|Note||Signing in to Libsyn is not the only way to publish an episode. You can also publish using FTP or directly from WordPress. For more information, see Use FTP to Upload or Publish Your Episode or Set up Your Account to Publish Directly from WordPress.|
After you upload an episode, Libsyn stores it and makes it available to share with the world. For example, you can have your episode appear on popular podcast directories, like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts. Or, you can share it with individual people, or publish it in a blog, tweet, or post, among other options.
|Note||Are you ready to publish your episode? Make sure you have configured your show and set up your publications correctly, including connecting your show to the podcast directories where you want your show to appear. For an overview of everything you should prepare, see Are You Ready to Publish an Episode?|
To publish an episode:
- Log in to Libsyn and, if you have more than one show, select the show that you want to publish an episode for.
- Click New Episode in the top, right corner. The Episode Details from opens.
- Upload your new episode.
- Enter information about your new episode.
Note If you are not done entering information and need to step away from your work, you can save your progress as a draft and return to it later. For more information about how to do so, see Save Your Episode as a Draft to Publish it Later.
- Optionally, upload episode artwork if you want to use artwork for this episode that is different from the artwork you uploaded when you configured your podcast. Skip this step if you want your podcast artwork to appear for the episode. If you upload new artwork, it appears for just this episode.
- You can publish your episode now, or you can schedule a time to publish later and manage a schedule for your social media posts as well. To publish now:
Important If this is your first time publishing, follow the steps below to publish now. You need to publish at least one episode before you can connect your show to podcast directories. After you connect to podcast directories and other destinations, you can control when your episode is published (such as scheduling the exact publication date and time). For more information on scheduling, see Schedule a Date to Publish Your Episode. a. Click the Publish field and select Now from the options that appear. b. Click Save. Congratulations! Your new episode is now published!
After you publish, your episode appears in all of the publishing destinations – such as podcast directories and social media – you’ve connected your show to (note that there might be a delay in certain places while they process your episode). The episode also appears in the Episodes tab in Libsyn, where you can view or edit it, and review stats.