Before you publish an episode, make sure you have configured your show and set up your publications correctly, including connecting your show to the podcast directories where you want your show to appear. See Are You Ready to Publish an Episode?
When you’ve recorded an episode of your show and you’re ready to share it, sign in to Libsyn to upload and distribute it.
After you upload an episode, Libsyn stores it and makes it available to share with the world. For example, you can have your episode appear on popular podcast directories, like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts. Or, you can share it with individual people, or publish it in a blog, tweet, or post, among other options.
Signing in to Libsyn is not the only way to publish an episode. See Use FTP to Upload or Publish Your Episode and Set up Your Account to Publish Directly from WordPress.
To sign in to Libsyn and publish an episode:
- Sign in to Libsyn and select the show for which you want to publish an episode. See Add an Additional Podcast to Your Libsyn Account.
- Click New in the upper-right corner.
- Click Upload Audio. The Add Episode form displays.
- Add your media file in the New Episode section. See Upload Your New Episode.
- Add your title and description in the Episode Details section, and add any additional details in the fields in the Optional Details section. See About Your Episode Details.
- Upload any artwork you want to use just for this episode in the Optional Details section, or skip this step if you want your podcast artwork to appear for the episode. See Upload Episode Artwork.
- If advertising is turned on for your show, an Advertising section displays. To serve ads for this episode, switch the toggle to On and click Save and Continue to Libsyn4 Slot Picker to save the information you have entered so far and log into Libsyn4 to pick your advertising slots. See Working with Advertising Campaigns.
- Select an option in the Publish field in the Schedule section:
Publish your episode immediately. (You must select this if you are publishing your first episode.)
Schedule Schedule a time to publish later, with one date for all publication destinations. See Schedule a Date to Publish Your Episode.
- Select the Export info from this form to ID3 tags in MP3 file checkbox if you want to export the information you entered on this page to the ID3 tags in the media file that you uploaded. For more information about ID3 tags, see Manage the Episode Information in Your Media Files.
- Click Save.
Congratulations! Your new episode is now published!
After you publish, your episode appears in all of the publishing destinations – such as podcast directories and social media – to which you’ve connected your show (there might be a delay in certain places while they process your episode). The episode also appears in the Episodes tab in Libsyn, where you can view or edit it, and review stats.
You must use the Social Destinations calendar to publish to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn if you are on the $20 plan or higher. See Schedule an Episode to Appear on Social Media Using the Social Destinations Calendar.