Before you publish an episode, make sure you have configured your show and set up your publications correctly, including connecting your show to the podcast directories where you want your show to appear. See Are You Ready to Publish an Episode?
When you’ve recorded an episode of your show and you’re ready to share it, sign in to Libsyn to upload and distribute it.
After you upload an episode, Libsyn stores it and makes it available to share with the world. For example, you can have your episode appear on popular podcast directories, like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts. Or, you can share it with individual people, or publish it in a blog, tweet, or post, among other options.
Signing in to Libsyn is not the only way to publish an episode. See Use FTP to Upload or Publish Your Episode and Set up Your Account to Publish Directly from WordPress.
To sign in to Libsyn and publish an episode:
- Sign in to Libsyn and select the show for which you want to publish an episode. See Add an Additional Podcast to Your Libsyn Account.
- Click New Episode in the upper-right corner. The New Episode form opens.
- Upload your media file. See Upload Your New Episode.
- Enter information about your new episode. See About Your Episode Details.
- Upload any artwork you want to use just for this episode, or skip this step if you want your podcast artwork to appear for the episode. See Upload Episode Artwork.
- Select an option in the Publish field.
Now Publish your episode immediately. (You must select this if you are publishing your first episode.) Schedule Schedule a time to publish later, with one date for all publication destinations. See Schedule a Date to Publish Your Episode. Custom Schedule a time to publish later, with different publishing dates for different publishing destinations. See Schedule a Date to Publish Your Episode.
- Click Save.
Congratulations! Your new episode is now published!
After you publish, your episode appears in all of the publishing destinations – such as podcast directories and social media – to which you’ve connected your show (there might be a delay in certain places while they process your episode). The episode also appears in the Episodes tab in Libsyn, where you can view or edit it, and review stats.