A key part of publishing an episode is adding the media file. You can upload an audio, video, or PDF file on the Add Episode form. See Publish an Episode.
Compatible file types include:
For recommended audio encoding, see Some Tips on Content Creation and File Preparation.
To upload a new media file in the Add Episode form:
- Click the Add Media File area in the center of the New Episode section to open a window where you can search for and select the file you want to upload.
- Alternatively, you can search for and select the file you want to upload and then drag and drop it onto the Add Media File area.
- After you perform one of these options, a gear icon along with the text, “Processing” appears in the center of the New Episode section to indicate that the file is being uploaded. When the upload is complete, a notification appears in the upper-right.
- If you previously uploaded a file to Libsyn or recorded a Connect call, you can select it and enter information for it. To do so, click the Media Library button. For details, see Using Your Media Library.
After you have selected or uploaded a file, it appears in the New Episode section as a player.
- Click to download the file.
- Click to preview the file.
- Click Replace File to replace the file. (You will be able to click Undo Replace to reverse this.)
- Click Remove File to remove the file. (You will be able to click Undo Remove to reverse this.)
You can now fill in the details for your episode. See About Your Episode Details.
In addition to uploading files using the New Episode section as outlined above, you also have other ways of uploading an episode, such as by using FTP.