After you upload a new episode to Libsyn, Libsyn's scheduling features make it easy to promote it on on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. For example, you might want to post your new episode to social media several times over the next few weeks to gain traction with your followers and make sure they see your new content. With Libysn's social media promotional tools, you can easily schedule several posts to go out on specific days and times.
After you schedule your posts, you can review the Social Destinations calendar to see when and where they are due to be published so that you can easily keep track of your schedule.
Managing your social media posts through the Social Destinations calendar is only available on the $20 per month plan or higher. If you do not have access to the Social Destinations calendar, you can manage your social media posts when you publish your episodes, or when you schedule an episode for publication.
To schedule an episode to appear on social media:
- Publish your episode as you normally would. After it's uploaded to Libsyn, you can schedule your social media posts.
When you have access to the Social Destinations calendar, clicking Publish on the Add Episode page does not publish or schedule your episodes for Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. You must use the Social Destinations calendar to publish to these destinations if you are on the $20 plan or higher.
Click the icon on the left side of your Libsyn account. The Social Destinations calendar opens.
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the page. The New window opens.
- In the Destination Name field, select the social media account where you want to schedule a post for your new episode. Note that social media accounts appear in this menu only if you've connected your show to them. See Are You Ready to Publish an Episode? for more information.
If you select Facebook OnPublish, a Post as Text toggle appears beneath the Episode field. Turn the toggle on if you want your post to contain text only. If you turn the toggle on, you don't have to select a link in step 9 below.
- In the Publish Date field, click the icon to open a window where you can enter the time and select the date when you want to schedule your post.
- In the Message field, enter the content that you want to appear in your post.
- In the Episode field, select the episode that you want to post.
- Optionally, upload an image if you want to use artwork for this episode that is different from your regular show artwork. You can upload the image in one of the following two ways:
a. Click the Click or Drag New Image button. In the window that opens, navigate to the file you want to upload and then double-click it. b. Find the file you want on your computer, and then click and drag it to the Click or Drag New Image button. When you let go of the mouse button, the upload begins.
- In the Link To field, select the link that you want to provide for your audience to access your episode. If you select Custom URL, enter the link you want to use in the Custom URL field that appears.
- Click Save. Your post is scheduled and appears in the Social Destinations calendar.
Review Your Social Media Schedule
After you schedule your posts to appear on your social media channels, you can review your schedule in the Social Destinations calendar. Your scheduled posts appear as "cards" in the calendar, and the title of the episode you're posting appears in each one so that you can keep track of them.
Here are all of the features available in the calendar:
|a.||See where your posts are scheduled to appear at a glance with the color-coded cards. Light blue is Twitter, dark blue is Facebook, and medium blue is LinkedIn.|
|b.||Click any number on the calendar to see the that day's schedule in greater detail. You can also click the Today button in the upper-right of the calendar to see today's schedule. To return to the calendar from the day's schedule, click the icon in the upper-right corner.|
|c.||Click the green arrows next to the month to move up a month or down a month.|
|d.||Hover your mouse cursor over any of the cards to see more information about it, such as when the post is scheduled to be released, or when it was released if it was already posted.|
|e.||Click any card to open a window where you can see the information you entered. If the post has not yet been released, you can edit the information and save it.|