Writing an engaging and detailed episode description (aka, show notes) to prepare your episode for publication can be involved. However, if you repeat certain content in all of your show notes, you can speed up your description writing by using snippets.
A snippet is a chunk of text that you can save in Libsyn to reuse in your show notes. You can create and save as many snippets as you want. For example, you might have some promotional content that you only use from time to time. Saving that content in a snippet lets you forget about it until you want to use it again; then, you can conveniently and quickly add it to your show notes whenever you want.
Create a Snippet
Next time you are writing in the Description field in the Add Episode form to prepare an episode for publication, you can create one or more snippets for future use. Here's how:
- In the Description field, click Snippets. The Snippets window opens.
- In the Snippets window, click +New.
- Enter the name you want to call your snippet in the Title field.
- Enter your snippet content in the Content field.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the steps above to enter more snippets, or click Done to finish and close the Snippets window. The snippets you created are now ready to insert in your show notes.
Insert a Snippet into Your Show Notes
After you've created one or more snippets, you can quickly insert them into your show notes to speed up your writing process. To do so:
- In the Description field, place your cursor wherever you want to enter the snippet.
- Click Snippets. The Snippets window opens.
- Find the snippet you want to insert. If necessary, you can find the snippet by using the Search field. To do so, enter the first few letters of the snippet title and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Click the snippet you want to insert. It now appears in your show notes.
Update or Delete a Snippet
If you want to change the title of a snippet or its content, you can update it. Or, if you don't need a snippet anymore, you can delete it.
- In the Description field, click Snippets.
- Find the snippet you want to update or delete. If necessary, you can find the snippet by using the Search field. To do so, enter the first few letters of the snippet title and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Click Edit in the row that contains the snippet you want to update or delete.
- Update or delete the snippet.
a. To update the snippet, change the title, content, or both, and then click Save. b. To delete the snippet, click Delete. Then, in the window that opens, click Delete again to confirm.