When you publish an episode, it becomes available on the podcast directories and social media sites where you've submitted your show. But once the episode is published, you can also embed a media player on a web page, blog post, or anywhere else that you want to share it. You can customize the look of the episode player by changing colors, size, and more.
You can also customize and embed a player that plays multiple episodes from your show. For more information about the podcast player, see Customize and Share the Media Player for Your Podcast.
To customize and share your episode player:
- Click Episodes in the top of your Libsyn account. The Episodes page opens.
- Find the episode you want to customize a player for and click it. The page with information about the episode opens.
Tip To quickly find an episode, enter the first few letters of the episode name in the Search field on the top, left-hand side of the Episodes table. The system filters episodes as you type.
- Click Get Embed Player.
- Customize the player by updating the information in the player fields. For more information about your options, see the Customize Your Episode Player section below.
- At the bottom of the page, click Embed. The URL to embed the player is now copied to the clipboard.
The Embed button creates a link that uses an iFrame to embed the player. If you are embedding the player somewhere that doesn't support iFrames, you can use the Embedly button to get an oEmbed link instead. You can also click View Embedly to see what it will look like.
- Paste the embed link you copied where you want the player to appear, such as on a web page or a blog post.
Customize Your Episode Player
The Link/Embed window gives you many options for customizing the look and function of your episode player. As you change the settings, the preview updates automatically to show you what your player will look like when you embed it.
If you change the height of the player, you can see the exact measurement in pixels in the embed code beneath the player. The measurement is useful so you can decide whether the player will fit where you want to embed it.
This table provides some guidance on your options for customizing the player:
You can choose different sizes for your player depending on your preference. However, you must choose Extra Large if your podcast includes video.
When you select Extra Large, the following field displays:
Use this feature to choose the color you want for your player. For more details, see the Customize Your Podcast Player section below.
|Artwork||Select to show your episode artwork on the left side of the player.|
|Display Title||Select to have the title of your podcast appear above the episode title.|
|Follow||Select to include a FOLLOW link in the upper-right of the player. When users click the link, a window displays with options for following your show on the different social media sites where you are active.|
|Share||Select to include a SHARE link in the upper-right of the player. When users click the link, a window displays with options for sharing your episode on social media.|
|Download||Select to include a link in the player that your listeners can use to download the episode.|
|Start Time||You can enter the time at which you would like the episode to start in the player, and click Apply.|
Use the Player Color
Click the color swatch below the Player Color field to open the color selector. The box at the top of the color selector shows the current player color and its hex code for easy reference. Here are your options for selecting a different color:
- Click one of the color options below the the box that shows the currently selected color.
- If you know the hex code of the color you want to use, enter it in the box below the color options.
- Push the slider to the right or left to change the selected color.
- Click Auto to use the color that the system identifies as the main color element in your artwork.