With its billions of users worldwide, publishing your episodes to Facebook is a great way to promote your show. Before you can publish to Facebook, you must connect your show to Facebook in Libsyn.
|Note||Facebook only supports the publication of podcast episodes to a page, not to personal profiles or groups. You can refer to Facebook's documentation about the difference between a page, a profile, and a group to get more information about Facebook pages and how to set one up.|
To connect your show to Facebook:
- Click the icon on the bottom, left-hand side of your Libsyn account. The Settings menu opens.
- Click Social Settings.
- In the Add New table, find the row for Facebook OnPublish and click Add on the far right.
Note "OnPublish" is a Libsyn publishing feature that publishes your episodes directly to Facebook.
- Click Sign in with Facebook to open the Facebook page where you can connect your Libsyn account.
- Complete one of the two following actions:
a. If you're already logged in to Facebook in the browser you're using, a window appears asking if you want to continue with that account. Click Continue as... to use the account you're logged in to or click Log into another account to switch to a different account. b. If you're not logged in to Facebook, a Log Into Facebook page opens. Enter your email and password and click Log In. Then, click Continue as... to use your account.
- In the What Pages do you want to use with Libsyn? window, select all the Facebook pages you want to publish episodes to and then click Next.
Note Only pages appear in the list, not personal profiles or groups. If you don't have a page, you can click Create Page to make one and then return to this process.
- In the What is Libsyn allowed to do? window, make sure all the options are switched to Yes to ensure Libsyn has the access it needs to publish your episodes to your Facebook page.
- Click Done.
- In the You've now linked Libsyn to Facebook window, click Ok. You now return to the Facebook OnPublish form in Libsyn.
- Optionally, clear the check mark next to any pages in the Pages section that you don't want to publish episodes to.
- In the Publish Link field, select what kind of link you want to use to share your episode with your listeners in your Facebook post. Link options include the following:
Directory Link Select this option to use a link that points to your episode as it exists in the Libsyn podcast directory. Episode Permalink Select this option to use the link that you specify as the episode permalink when you publish your episode. For more information about an episode's permalink, see About Your Episode Details. Download URL Select this option to let users download your episode to their devices.
- Click Save. Your Libsyn account will now list Facebook as a destination to publish to when you publish a new episode.