With its billions of users worldwide, publishing your episodes to Facebook is a great way to promote your show. Before you can publish to Facebook, you must connect your show to Facebook in Libsyn.
Facebook only supports the publication of podcast episodes to a page, not to personal profiles or groups. You can refer to Facebook's documentation about the difference between a page, a profile, and a group to get more information about Facebook pages and how to set one up.
To connect your show to Facebook:
- Click Settings in the top of your Libsyn account to display the Settings page.
- Click Social.
- Click Add under the Facebook logo to open Facebook OnPublish. (OnPublish is a Libsyn publishing feature that publishes your episodes directly to Facebook.)
- Click Sign in with Facebook to open the Facebook page where you can connect your Libsyn account.
- Complete one of the two following actions:
a. If you're already logged in to Facebook in the browser you're using, a window appears asking if you want to continue with that account. Click Continue as... to use the account you're logged in to or click Log into another account to switch to a different account. b. If you're not logged in to Facebook, a Log Into Facebook page opens. Enter your email and password and click Log In. Then, click Continue as... to use your account.
- In the What Pages do you want to use with Libsyn? window, select all the Facebook pages you want to publish episodes to and then click Next.
Only pages appear in the list, not personal profiles or groups. If you don't have a page, you can click Create a Page to create one and then return to this process.
- In the What is Libsyn allowed to do? window, make sure all the options are switched to Yes to ensure Libsyn has the access it needs to publish your episodes to your Facebook page.
- Click Done.
- In the You've now linked Libsyn to Facebook window, click OK. You now return to the Facebook OnPublish form in Libsyn.
- Select the check mark for the pages in the Pages section to which you want to publish episodes.
- In the Publish Link field, select what kind of link you want to use to share your episode with your listeners in your Facebook post. Link options include the following:
Directory Link Select this option to use a link that points to your episode as it exists in the Libsyn podcast directory. Episode Permalink Select this option to use the link that you specify as the episode permalink when you publish your episode. For more information about an episode's permalink, see About Your Episode Details. Download URL Select this option to let users download your episode to their devices.
- Click Save.
You must use the Social Destinations calendar to publish to Facebook if you are on the $20 plan or higher. See Schedule an Episode to Appear on Social Media Using the Social Destinations Calendar.