When you sign up to host a podcast with Libsyn, you get access to set up a web page called The Libsyn Podcast Page where all of your episodes will appear. You can send your listeners to this page to listen to your show and to get more information about you. The page is customizable, so you can choose color schemes, the look of the player, and even add contact and info pages for yourself.
To set up your Libsyn Podcast page:
- Click the icon on the bottom, left-hand side of your Libsyn account. The Settings menu opens.
- In the Settings menu, click Website (Legacy). The Settings table for your Libsyn Podcast Page opens.
Note As you make changes to your page, you can refresh the page in a browser to see them. To get the URL for your Podcast Page, click Copy Website URL in the upper, right-hand corner of the Settings table and paste the URL into your browser.
- Set up the look of your page, including the color scheme, where you want your episode players to appear, and more. For more information about how to do so, see the Customize the Look of Your Libsyn Podcast Page section below.
- Set up the widgets you want on your page, such as Facebook or Twitter widgets that show a list of your posts and tweets. The widgets you set up appear on the right side of the Podcast Page. For more information about widgets, see the Set up Widgets on Your Libsyn Podcast Page section below.
- Create About, Contact, or Blog pages to include more information about yourself and your podcast on your Podcast Page. For more information about enabling these pages, see the Add About, Contact, or Blog Pages to Your Libsyn Podcast Page section below.
Customize the Look of Your Libsyn Podcast Page
You have several options for customizing the look of your Libysn Podcast Page. You can add some content to the page, implement a custom color scheme, and more. To get started, click Edit in the Theme Settings row of the Items table.
The sections below explain how to make changes to get your Podcast Page to appear just like you want it.
Upload a Header Image or a Favicon Image
You can upload a header image or a favicon image (or both) to use on your page. A header image is a long image that appears along the top of the page. The favicon image is a smaller image, like a logo, that represents your show and page. Note that there are some requirements and recommendations for these images.
|Header Image Requirements and Recommendations||Favicon Image Requirements|
There are two quick ways to upload your images.
|a.||Click the Click or Drag New Artwork button in the Header Image or in the Favicon Image section, as appropriate. In the window that opens, navigate to the file you want to upload and then double-click it.|
|b.||Find the file you want on your computer, and then click and drag it to the Click or Drag New Media Artwork button in the Header Image section or in the Favicon Image section, as appropriate. When you let go of the mouse button, the upload begins.|
Select Your Color Scheme
You can change the theme, font, and link colors of your page. To do so, click any of the swatches that appear next to Theme Color, Font Color, or Episode Link Color to open a window where you can select your colors.
In the window that appears, there are four ways to select a new color.
|a.||Select one of the options at the bottom of the table by clicking it.|
|b.||Enter the hex code of the color you want in the Hex field.|
|c.||Enter the RBG numbers for the color you want in the respective R, B, and G fields.|
|d.||Move the color slider to change the color range that appears in the box at the top of the window, and then select the color you want in the box. The white circle in the box shows the color you have selected.|
Customize the Rest of Your Page Layout Options
The rest of the settings fields give you more options for customizing your page. The table below provides an overview of what the fields do and some guidance for entering information in each one.
|Display Title||This option is automatically set to show the title of your podcast on your page. If you don't want the title of your podcast to appear at the top of your page, click the icon to clear it. When you click the icon, it changes to to show you that it is not selected.|
|Producer Message||Enter the message that you want to appear at the top of your page. You can use the ribbon at the top of the box to customize the text by changing the size, bolding text, or more. You can also click the icon on the right side of the ribbon to see more options for customizing text.|
|Media Player Position||This field determines the position of your episode player with relation to the episode summary. If you select Above, you player appears to the left of the summary if you don't use widgets, or it appears above the summary if you do use them. If you select Below, the player appears to the right of the summary if you don't use widgets, or it appears below the summary if you do use them. For more information about widgets, see the Set up Widgets on Your Libsyn Podcast Page section below.|
|Allow Comments||This option is automatically set to allow your listeners to leave comments on your page. If you don't want to allow comments, click the icon to clear it. When you click the icon, it changes to to show you that it is not selected.|
|Right To Left Language Support||If your podcast page will be in a language that reads from right to left (such as Arabic or Hebrew, for example), click the icon to change the configuration of the page so your language appears correctly. When you click the icon, it changes to to show you that the option is enabled.|
|Google Analytics Tracking ID||Enter your Google Analytics tracking ID to use Google Analytics with your Podcast Page.|
|Google Verification ID||Enter your Google verification ID to verify that you use the site. The ID gives you access to master tools.|
|Public Contact Email||Optionally, enter the email where your listeners can contact you. If you prefer not to list an email publicly, leave the field blank.|
Save Your Options
When you're done entering your customization options, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Set up Widgets on Your Libsyn Podcast Page
You have the option to include several kinds of widgets on your Podcast Page. The widgets appear along the right side of the page, as show in the image below.
To add widgets, click Edit in the Widgets row of the Items table.
|Enable Archives Widget||Select Yes in this menu to add a widget that lists all of your episodes by year.|
|Enable Categories Widget||Select Yes in this menu to add a widget that lists all of the categories you have organized your episodes by. Listeners can click a category in the widget to browse episodes that are only in that category. For more information about setting up a category for your episodes, see the "Category" section in The Ins and Outs of Your Episode Details.|
|Enable Custom HTML Widget||Select Yes in this menu to add a widget that you can customize. For example, you can create a widget that has links to your app in the App Store. After you select Yes, enter the content you want to appear in the widget in the text box that appears. Note that you can only use HTML or CSS to format your text.|
|Enable Facebook Widget||To create a widget that shows your Facebook posts, select Yes in this menu and then enter your Facebook URL in the field that appears.|
|Enable Login Widget||Select Yes in this menu to add a widget that listeners can use to log in to MyLibsyn.|
|Enable Twitter Widget||To create a widget that shows your Twitter posts, select Yes in this menu and then enter your Twitter URL in the field that appears.|
When you're done setting up your widgets, click Save at the bottom of the Widgets section.
Add About, Contact, or Blog Pages to Your Libsyn Podcast Page
You can add pages to your Libsyn Podcast Page to give your listeners more information about yourself. For example, you can add any of the following:
- About page: tell your audience about yourself and what your podcast is about.
- Contact page: use this page to invite listeners to contact you. You don't have to enter your email address or contact info in your message to your listeners; they will be able to use the Contact page itself to send you messages. The page includes fields that a listener can use to enter their name, email, and a message they can send you through the Podcast Page. Messages go to the email you entered as your contact email when you set up your podcast.
- Blog page: set up this page to automatically include any text posts you create. Posts with media can't be included here.
The links for the pages you add appear at the top of your Podcast Page, as shown in the image below.
To add a page:
- Click Edit in the Pages section of the Settings table in the row that corresponds to the page you want to add.
- Click the Not Active toggle to activate the page. When you click the toggle, it changes from Not Active to Active.
- In the Content field for the About or Contact pages, enter the information you want to include on those pages. You listeners will see the information you enter when they view the page.
- Click Save.