Available with the $20 plan or higher, the custom stats tracking code allows you to generate a code using whatever naming convention you want, and then see exactly how many downloads came in using that code in your advanced stats.
If you want to use a custom stats tracking code, you have to create one before you embed a link.
To create and set up your stats tracking codes:
- Click Episodes at the top of your Libsyn account to open the Episodes page.
- Find the episode you want to create stats codes for.
Tip To find an episode quickly, click the icon and enter the first few letters of the episode name in the Search field at the top of the Episodes table. The system filters episodes as you type.
- Click the name of the episode to display the Episode Details page.
- Click the Quick Links button to display the Quick Links window.
- In the Assign Stats Tracking Code field, select a previously entered code or create a new stats tracking code by typing the name in the field that displays.
Use a name that will help you remember which player it's referring to. For example, if you're creating a stats code for a player you're going to embed on your website, you could name it "MyWebsite." Note that stats code names can't have special characters or spaces.
- Press Enter on your keyboard when you're done.
Your custom tracking code is now appended to the end of the following links:
- Direct Download
- Enclosure Tag
- Libsyn Directory URL
- Click the icon to copy the embed code for the link you want to use.
- Paste the embed code you copied wherever you want to embed it, such as a website or blog post.
- If necessary, repeat the steps to create more stats codes for this episode by clicking the Assign Stats Tracking Code field again and entering a new name. You should create a different stats code for each player you want to get statistics for.
If you created more than one stats code for an episode, make sure to select the right one before you copy an embed link or any other link. To do so, click the Assign Stats Tracking Code field and select the stats code you want to use. If you want to get a link that's not associated with any stats code, click the Assign Stats Tracking Code field and select Clear.
After you create and embed stats tracking codes, you can review how many downloads each one gets.
Your show stats will tell you how many downloads you've received for all your tracking codes, and your episode stats will tell you how many downloads you've received for the tracking code on a particular episode. See Review the Statistics That Come in the Advanced Package.
You can also create a custom tracking code for an episode player. See Customize and Share a Media Player for a Specific Episode.