To record a call in Connect:
- To join a call in Connect as a host, click Join Call on the Set Call Options page. See Set Call Options in Connect.
- If you scheduled the call for the future, you will enter the lobby.
Click Start Now to begin the call.
In the call session, your options include the following:
- Your previously entered call notes display in the box.
- - Click to edit the call notes. Click Save to save your changes or Discard to close without saving. Only one participant can edit the call notes at a time.
Guest Edit As the host, you can toggle this option on to allow guests to edit the call notes. Live Chat Type something in the field below the window and hit Enter to communicate with your guests during the call. You will have the option to export the chat at the end of the call. Your Mic
- - Click to display a dropdown menu of your available microphones. Select the microphone you want to use for the call. (Does not display while you are recording.)
- The meter below the field displays your audio levels.
- - Click to mute yourself.
+ Invite Guests As the host, you can click this button to send more email invitations to people you want to join the active call. Guests
This area displays a list of email addresses and statuses for the guests. The statuses are:
- Not Here Yet - Displays when the guest is neither in the call nor waiting in the lobby.
- Ready to Join - Displays when the guest is waiting in the lobby.
- Admit - As the host, you can click an Admit button next to the guest’s name to allow them to join the call.
- On the Call - Displays when the guest has joined the call.
- End - As the host, you can click an End button next to a guest’s name to remove them from the call.
- - As the host, you can click the microphone next to a guest’s name to mute them.
- As the host, you can click a Record button to begin recording. Click Stop when you are finished.
- Guests will see either Not Recording or Recording.
- A counter displays the length of a recording in progress.
- We recommend that you record a local backup of the interview so that you have another copy in case of any difficulties. See Record a Local Backup for Connect.
Click to end the call for everyone.
- After the call has ended, you can view its details and any recordings. See View the Details of a Connect Call.