To join a call in Connect as a host:
Click Join Call on the Join Call page. See Use the Join Call Page in Connect.
The call session screen displays:
- In the call session, your options include the following:
- Your previously entered call notes display in the box.
- - Click to edit the call notes. Click Save to save your changes or Discard to close without saving. Only one participant can edit the call notes at a time.
Guest Edit As the host, you can toggle this option on to allow guests to edit the call notes. Live Chat Type something in the field below the window and hit Enter to communicate with your guests during the call. You will have the option to export the chat at the end of the call. Your Mic
- - (Not available while the call is being recorded.) Click to display a dropdown menu of your available microphones. Select the microphone you want to use for the call.
- Microphone Name - The name of your selected microphone displays above the view meter.
- View Meter - The view meter displays your audio levels.
- - Click to mute yourself.
+ Invite Guests As the host, you can click this button to send more email invitations to people you want to join the active call. Guests
This area displays a list of email addresses and statuses for the guests. The statuses are:
- Not Here Yet - Displays when the guest is neither in the call nor waiting in the lobby.
- Ready to Join - Displays when the guest is waiting in the lobby.
- Admit - As the host, you can click the Admit button next to the guest’s name to allow them to join the call.
- Deny - As the host, you can click the Deny button next to the guest's name to deny them access to the call. Denied guests receive a notification stating that the host has denied them entry.
- On the Call - Displays when the guest has joined the call.
- End - As the host, you can click an End button next to a guest’s name to remove them from the call.
- - As the host, you can click the microphone next to a guest’s name to mute them.
- As the host, you can click a Record button to begin recording. Click Stop when you are finished.
- Guests will see either Not Recording or Recording.
- A counter displays the length of a recording in progress.
- We recommend that you record a local backup of the interview so that you have another copy in case of any difficulties. See Record a Local Backup for Connect.
Click this icon to see your recording upload progress.
This icon is only visible when actively recording.
Click to end the call for everyone.
After the call has ended, your recordings may need a few minutes to process. You will receive an email when the recordings finish processing. You can view any recordings on the call's Detail page. See View the Details of a Connect Call.
If the call's Detail page does not display any recordings, your recordings may still be processing.
- Click Push to Libsyn to enter your episode details and proceed to publishing your episode in Libsyn. If you have multiple recordings, select the one you want to add to Libsyn and press Go. See About Your Episode Details.