The first step in using Connect is for the host to schedule a call, either immediately or for a future time. See Set Up a Recording in Connect. Whether you are the host or an invited guest, you must set your call options before you can join the call.
To set your call options in Connect:
- Navigate to the Set Call Options page.
- Click Allow to permit Studio to use your microphone.
- Under the menu in the upper right, you can select the following options:
- Language - Click to change the language in which the text on your own screen displays. (This will not change the display language for anyone else on the call.
- Sign Out - Click to sign out of Connect.
- Click the icon to display a dropdown menu of your available microphones. Select the microphone you want to use for the call. The meter below the field will display your audio levels.
Our recommendations for recording:
- If you are using a plugged-in microphone, stay between a finger and fist's distance from the mic and keep the mic slightly off-center, rather than directly in front of you.
- If you are using your laptop's in-built microphone, lean close to your laptop and avoid typing while recording, so you can eliminate noise caused by keystrokes.
- We strongly recommend headphones while recording.
- Click Join Call to enter your call. See Join and Record a Connect Call as a Host or Join a Connect Call as a Guest.