Before you can use any FTP software, you need to create an FTP password in your Libsyn account. The password you create enables you to to connect to your Libsyn account through your FTP software.
Your FTP password and your Libsyn account password are separate passwords that access different functionality. For security, the password you create for FTP should be different than your Libsyn account password.
After you create your FTP password, you might have to wait a few minutes before it becomes active.
To set up or change your FTP password:
- Sign in to your Libsyn account.
- Click the icon and select Account Settings to open the Account Settings form.
- At the bottom of the form, click FTP Settings to expand the FTP Settings section.
- Enter your new password in the New Password field, and then enter it again in the Retype Password field to confirm it.
Tip To see the characters you entered for your password, click the icon to the right of the field.
- Click Save. Your FTP password is set and you can now log out of Libsyn and work on your FTP software.
It might take a few minutes for your password to become active. If you try to connect to your Libsyn account using your FTP software, but the connection fails, try again in a few minutes.