If you want to upload a file and simply get a URL to share with people so they can download that file directly, you can upload a File for Download Only. This is different than a podcast episode because the podcast episode releases out to all of your destinations (such as your feed, your blog page, and your social destinations).
To upload a file for download only:
- Click the icon in the lower-left of your Libsyn account to open the File Manager page.
- In the Active Files section, click the Add New button.
- In the window that opens, select the file you want to upload. When the upload is complete, a notification appears in the upper-right and the file displays in the Active Files list.
- Click a file name to view the file details.
- In the window that opens, click Download to download the file.
If the file is an audio or video file, you have additional options.
|Embed||Click to customize and share the media player for this episode. See Customize and Share a Media Player for a Specific Episode.|
|Direct Download URL||Click to copy the link for a direct download to your clipboard.|
|Enclosure Tag||Click to copy the enclosure tag to your clipboard if you need to include the media file in a non-Libsyn RSS feed.|
|Convert to Episode||
Click to convert an audio or video file to an episode. See Upload Your New Episode.
|View Stats||Click to view statistics about how many times this file has been downloaded.|
|Download||Click to download the file.|
Click to delete the file. See Delete an Active File to Free up Your Monthly Storage Space.
|Archive||Click to archive the file. See Free up Monthly Storage Space with Early Archiving.|