Before you record a podcast, it's best to have a plan. You can create better quality content and save yourself a lot of time when recording by taking time on the front end to prepare. See How To Start a Podcast with Studio.
To record a podcast episode using Studio:
- Click New in the upper-right of your Libsyn account and select Build with Studio to open the Episode - Record page.
- Click Allow to permit Studio to use your microphone.
- Click and enter a title for your episode.
- Review the default chapters. If you previously recorded an intro, call-to-action, or outro as reusable chapters, this content will already be present, as indicated by a next to the chapter title. See Create Reusable Chapters in Studio.
- Adjust the chapters if needed. Set Up Your Chapters in Studio.
- Record or upload your audio.
For each chapter, you have the following options:
- Click the icon to display the Audio Settings for Recording window.
- Select the microphone you want to use in the Input (Mic) field. Make sure you have your preferred microphone and headphones connected before you begin recording. To learn about microphone best practices, see FAQs About Recording Equipment for Studio.
- Click Done.
Click the Record button to begin recording. The white circles turn blue to indicate your microphone volume. When you are finished recording, click Stop.
Upload your own audio Click Upload your own audio if you want to upload a file from your computer.
- Click Save as Draft.
- Click Next: Review to go to the Review page, where you can listen to each chapter.
- Click Edit if you want to return to the Episode - Record page to change any of the files, or click Finalize Episode to combine all your chapters into one audio file and automatically improve the sound quality.
- Click if you want to download your episode file.
- Click Next: Details to enter your episode details and proceed to publishing your episode in Libsyn. See About Your Episode Details.
View or Edit Your Studio Episode in Libsyn
After you have saved an episode in Libsyn Studio, the title displays with a Studio button next to it in the Episode Details, the list of episodes on your Episodes page, and the Recent Episodes section on your Dashboard.
Click the Studio button to return to the Episode - Record page for the episode. See Save Your Episode as a Draft to Publish It Later.
Audio files recorded and published with Studio will not count toward your monthly storage in Libsyn. See Understand How Your Monthly Storage Works.
Get Help with Studio
- Click the Support link at the bottom of the Episode - Record page if you have questions or want to leave feedback specifically about Studio.