Before you record a podcast, it's best to have a plan. You can create better quality content and save yourself a lot of time when recording by taking time upfront to prepare. Make sure you have your preferred microphone and headphones connected before you begin recording. See How To Start a Podcast with Studio.
Audio files recorded and published with Studio will not count toward your monthly storage in Libsyn. See Understand How Your Monthly Storage Works.
To record a podcast episode using Studio:
- Click New in the upper-right of your Libsyn account and select Build with Studio to open the Episode - Record page.
- Click Allow to permit Studio to use your microphone.
- Click and enter a title for your episode. (The name of your podcast displays above the episode title.)
- Review the default chapters. If you previously recorded an intro, call-to-action, or outro as reusable chapters, this content will already be present, as indicated by a next to the chapter title. See Create Reusable Chapters in Studio.
- Adjust the chapters if needed. Set Up Your Chapters in Studio.
- Record or upload your audio.
For each chapter, you have the following options:
Click the icon to display the microphone selection field and select the microphone you want to use.
- To learn about microphone best practices, see FAQs About Recording Equipment for Studio.
Click the Record button to begin recording. The meter lights up to indicate your microphone volume. When you are finished recording, click Stop.
Upload Audio Click if you want to upload a file from your computer. Connect Files Click if you want to select a file that you recorded with Libsyn Connect that you have not yet used in a Libsyn Studio episode or Studio file. See Set Up a Recording in Connect.
- Click Next: Review to go to the Review page, where you can listen to each chapter.
- Click one of the following:
Click to combine all your chapters into one audio file and automatically improve the sound quality.
Click to return to the Episode - Record page to change any of the files.
- When you are finished, click Next: Review to return to the Review page, and click Refinalize Audio to recombine all your chapters into one audio file and automatically improve the sound quality.
- Click if you want to download your audio as a .WAV file.
- Click Next: Details to enter your episode details and proceed to publishing your episode in Libsyn. See About Your Episode Details.
For details on viewing and editing a Libsyn episode that you recorded with Studio, see Edit an Episode Recorded in Studio.
Get Help with Studio
Click the Studio Support link at the bottom of a Studio page if you have questions or want to leave feedback specifically about Studio.